The Great Year 4 Quiz – #4

The Great Year 4 Quiz

How Well Do You Know Your City? –

BATMAN isn’t just the superhero of Gotham City but there is another BATMAN who has had an important role to play in Melbourne’s history.

Who was he and why is he an important part of Melbourne’s history?

Research your answer and ‘reply’ with your answer below. When replying I would like you to use the following format.  (Don’t forget to get an adult to check your work before posting online. *This is really important.)

Hi Mrs. S

The answer to today’s quiz question is……….   I found this information here…… (see if you can copy and paste the web address where you accessed your information)

From…….(First name only)

Good luck

Mrs. S

Read 7 comments

1. The answer to today’s quiz question is John Batman. I found this information here, John Batman (21 January 1801 – 6 May 1839) was an Australian grazier, entrepreneur and explorer. He settled in the north-east of the Van Diemen’s Land Colony in the 1820s, and later as a leading member of the Port Phillip Association he led an expedition which explored the Port Phillip Bay area on the Australian mainland with a view to establishing a new settlement there. He is best known for his role in the founding of the settlement on the Yarra River which became the city of Melbourne, eventual capital of the new Colony of Victoria, and one of Australia’s largest and most important cities.

From, Menuki and Oneli.